Make it possible for POS operators to refund and print replacement ticket vouchers.
There are three configuration steps:
- Configure Vouchers and Gift Cards, ensuring a Ticket Voucher Type has been created.
- Configure CInema Manager to track sales and redemptions of vouchers, and group redemption ticket types.
- Configure your system to print ticket voucher redemptions on demand.
Setting up ticket vouchers in Vouchers & Gift Cards
Set up entities within Vouchers and Gift Cards to determine voucher characteristics, and specify which companies' vouchers you accept.
- Vista recommends that you set up Business Groups to represent the companies whose vouchers are accepted within your organisation.
- Voucher Categories determine the different purposes that vouchers are used for, such as ticket vouchers.
- Voucher Types specify the types of vouchers used by your organisation and their prices.
After completing these tasks in the central Vouchers and Gift Cards package, set up your vouchers in Cinema Manager.
Setting up ticket vouchers in Cinema Manager
After you have set up basic vouchers in Vouchers and Gift Cards, set up entities at the cinemas to represent the vouchers being sold and redeemed:
- Vista recommends that you set up an Item Class and a Payment Group exclusively for vouchers in order to track sales and redemptions in reports, a Ticket Class to group Redemption Ticket Types, and a Payment Type to group Payment Vouchers.
- A Ticket Voucher requires an Item to be sold, and a Ticket Type to be redeemed as.
After you have completed these tasks at each cinema, you can set up suppliers to order and receive voucher stock.
Configuring printable ticket voucher redemptions
Ticket voucher redemptions may be configured to issue a new voucher, or re-issue a voucher with the original voucher number. Vouchers are printed at POS on demand using the original expiry date.
Ticket voucher redemptions can't be printed for multiuse vouchers, or if POS is in Offline Mode. Using the system setting, SecurityOfflineRefund, cinema managers may choose how to honour the refund (for example: with a complimentary ticket if POS is operating in Offline mode).
Before you begin
- Contact Vista to ensure a Refund Ticket Voucher Template has been created and configured.
- Ensure the required Workstations are set up to allow voucher printing. Select Cinema Manager > Maintenance > Workstations > Allow voucher printing.
- In either Cinema Manager or Head Office, select Maintenance Ticket Types.
- Open your Ticket Voucher.
- Select the Vouchers tab and select Validate Online.
- Select Voucher System and choose Vista Voucher Management.
- Select the appropriate Redemption Refund Action.
- Select your Refund Voucher Template.
- Click Save.
Related system settings
The security level required at POS to refund a multi-use voucher that can't have a replacement voucher reprinted.
0: highest security
The security level required at POS to refund a voucher which is out of stock and can't have a replacement voucher re-printed.
0 - 9 = highest to lowest level of security.
The security level required at POS to allow the refund of ticket voucher redemptions when POS is in Offline mode and a replacement voucher can't be printed.
0–9: highest to lowest level of security.