Manage cross-site stock transfers by completing the following actions:
- Update your system settings.
- Allow outgoing transfers, returns, and wastage of stock.
- Group sites for stock transfers.
- Configure stock transfer alerts.
You may also need to contact your Vista representative to ensure your site connection details are correctly configured.
Updating your system settings to support cross-site stock transfers
Update the following system settings:
- Set StockTransferLimitPercentage to a percentage between 0 and 100.
- Set StockTransferLimitWarning to HO Approval.
Note: You may also need to contact your Vista representative to help you update your CinemaAPIRouterURL, HeadOfficeMasterDataServiceURL, and CrossSiteStockTransferWebURL system settings.
Allowing outgoing transfers, returns, wastage of stock
To allow outgoing transfers, returns, and wastage, configure your stock locations' stock activities.
- In Cinema Manager, open Stock Locations.
- Select a stock location that you'll use for cross-site stock transfers.
For example: If want to transfer choctops, select Freezer at the sending (and then the receiving) site.
- Select Stock Activities.
- Ensure Increase, Incoming Transfer, Outgoing Transfer, and Waste are selected.
- Repeat steps 2–4 until you've configured all the relevant stock locations.
Grouping sites for stock transfers
To allow cinema managers to select sites for transfer in Back Office, gather your sites in stock groups.
- In Head Office, open Stock Groups.
- Add and name as many Groups as you need.
Note: You can group sites by geographic location, size, or proximity.
- In the search bar, find a site by site code or name.
- Drag and drop the site into the relevant group.
- Repeat steps 3–4 until you've added all your transfer-related sites to groups.
Each cinema manager now sees the other sites in their group in the Receiving Site list in Stock Adjustments.
Note: Each site can only be added to one stock group.
Configuring stock transfer alerts
Configure stock transfer alerts to notify Head Office users of stock transfers they need to review and Cinema Manager users of changes to the status of a stock transfer.
- In Head Office or Back Office, open Alert Options.
- Click Available Alerts.
- Select one or more alerts to activate.
- Click Alert Settings.
- (Optional) Customise the description and email settings of the alerts.
- Select your preferred Delivery Channels.
Note: If you're selecting and configuring a single alert at a time, repeat steps 2–6 for all the alerts you require.
- Subscribe to alerts in Alert Subscriptions.
Active alerts will appear in the Head Office and Cinema Manager dashboards for incoming stock, stock transfer approval requests, wastage, and returns.