When a modifiable item is sold at POS, the Modifications screen appears after any upsells have been selected.
The screen consists of the following:
- Modification groups: The modification groups associated with the ordered item (or any of its components) are listed here.
The button Showing Mandatory at the bottom of the list indicates that only modification groups that are necessary to completion of the order, and smart modifiers, are being displayed.
Clicking this button causes all modification groups associated with the item, and universal modifiers, to be displayed. In this case, the button becomes Showing All Modifiers.
- Modifiers: The list of modifiers belonging to the selected modification group.
Note: If the item being sold as a modifier is configured with a Modifier Item Description on the Alternate Items tab, it will be listed under that name, rather than the default Description from the main Item tab.
- Operators: Buttons that the POS operator uses to indicate how the selected modifier is applied.
- Extra: Adds an extra unit of the selected modifier to the order. If the POS operator doesn't select a button, Extra is assumed.
- No: Removes the selected modifier from the order.
- Side: Indicates to the kitchen that the selected modifier is to be served separately. This button can be used with Extra.
Note: The system settings ExtraButtonMode and SideButtonMode determine whether the Extra and Side buttons apply to all modifiers or just smart modifiers.
- Preview panel: Displays a record of the modifiers that have been applied to the ordered item, and allows POS operators to delete any modifiers that have been applied by mistake.
Clicking Done adds the modified item to the order.
Modifier display order
The Modification screen lists all the Modifiers configured for the Item in Bulk Items.
There is a button at the bottom of the screen which allows the POS operator to toggle between displaying the items Unsorted or Sorted Alphabetically.
If the screen is in Unsorted mode, modifiers are listed in the order configured on the Alternate Items tab in Item maintenance.
If modifiers are already sorted alphabetically in Bulk Items, the button is displayed and indicates that only Sorted Alphabetically mode is available.
- Determining modifier display order on POS
- Creating items that have varying preparation times
- Editing an ordered item's modifiers
- Editing modifiers of an item on a check
- Modifiers on the prepare screen
Please sign in to leave a comment.