In Loyalty, you can restrict the length of PINs to a certain range, and prevent easily guessable PINs.
Example: Simple sequences such as 1234) from being used by patrons.
These functions are controlled by system settings and the Prohibited PINs page.
Before you begin
- Ensure that the system setting PinNumberRequired is set to Y.
- In , ensure that Allow PIN Change is selected.
- Set a minimum PIN length.
- Set a maximum PIN length.
- Force strong PINs.
This will ensure that PINs consisting of sequences or the same digit, as well as those defined on the Prohibited Pins page, are not accepted.
- On the Add/Modify Prohibited Pins page, add any extra (non-sequence, non-same-digit) PINs that you want prohibited.