A ticket voucher can be redeemed for a single ticket of a particular type. Create product type button on Voucher Manager's home page.
- Enter a Name for the voucher type.
Tip! Enter a descriptive name that tells you about the voucher type at a glance. For example: Standard adult ticket.
- Enter a Voucher code.
This becomes the barcode prefix that identifies the voucher type for scanners. The code's length must match the value of the Vouchers and Gift Cards system setting VoucherBarcodePrefixLength. POS will only accept vouchers with characters A-Z and 0-9, where letters are capitalised.
- Select Ticket as the Type of voucher you're creating.
- Enter the seating Area category that this ticket can be used for.
Warning: If you do not select a specific area category, the ticket voucher cannot be sold online.
- Select how the expiry date is calculated.
Calculate on sale means the redemptions will expire after a particular length of time from the date on which the voucher is sold.
Calculate on printing date means the redemptions will expire after a particular length of time from the date on which the voucher is printed.
No expiry means the redemptions can be used at any time in the future. If you choose this option, the following expiry settings will become disabled.
Calculate on session date means the redemptions will expire after a particular length of time from the session date of the ticket purchased in the same transaction as the voucher.
For example: You could use this as part of a promotion for customers who are already purchasing a ticket. Offering them a voucher with a short expiration period, based on the session date of the existing session in their order, will encourage them to return to the cinema.
To enable calculation on session date, select Generate Barcode on Issue on the voucher item in Head Office or Cinema Manager.
- Enter a number into the Expiry unit field to determine the number of Days or Months for which the voucher is valid after the event specified above.
- Choose whether or not to Set the expiry dates to the end of the month during which the voucher expires.
- Choose whether or not the Sales channel can override expiry date on sale.
When selected, this affects vouchers sold at POS. POS will prompt the operator with the option to change the expiry date to a different one from that configured on the voucher type.
- Use the drop-down menu to determine how redeemed ticket vouchers of this type will be refunded.
Refund without voucher issue: The voucher will be marked as refunded within the system, and the POS operator may compensate with something other than a voucher.
Issue replacement voucher: A new voucher of the same type will be issued as replacement. The original voucher will be marked as refunded.
Re-issue original voucher: The original voucher will be re-issued.