Create events to group films or sessions for purposes such as film festivals.
- In Head Office Manager or Cinema Manager, go to Box Office > Films/Sessions > Events and create a new event.
- Give the event a name, such as Film Festival 2025.
- Give the event a short and a long description.
- Optionally, select an opening and closing date for the event.
- Select a general ledger account for the event.
- Optionally, complete the web settings that determine how the event sessions appear on Vista Web:
- Web Head Page Name. If you use a third-party content management system for your website, this field determines the HTML content that loads when a visitor clicks the event on Vista Web.
- Web Graphic Name. The filename of the image that appears for the event on Vista Web.
- Coming Soon. Select this check box to have the films associated with the event appear on the Coming Soon page in Vista Web.
- Show Films Independently. Select this check box to have the films associated with the event appear on a separate page in Vista Web, not in the main section with other films.
- Save the Event.
After you complete the steps above, continue your configuration by adding sessions and films to the event.
- Go to Box Office > Films/Sessions > Films > Box Office tab and select an Event to associate a film with an event.
- Go to Box Office > Films/Sessions > Showtime Manager > Session Properties panel and select an Event to associate a session with an event.
Note: When you associate a film with an event, any sessions you schedule with that film are automatically associated with the event. If you're also a film both as part of an event and outside of the event, associate the appropriate individual sessions with the event instead selecting the Event in the Film record.
Please sign in to leave a comment.