Create events to group films or sessions for purposes such as film festivals.
- In Head Office Manager or Cinema Manager, go to Box Office > Films/Sessions > Events and create a new event.
- Give the event a name, such as Film Festival 2025.
- Give the event a short and a long description.
- Optionally, select an opening and closing date for the event.
- Select a general ledger account for the event.
- Optionally, complete the web settings that determine how the event sessions appear on Vista Web:
- Web Head Page Name. If you use a third-party content management system for your website, this field determines the HTML content that loads when a visitor clicks the event on Vista Web.
- Web Graphic Name. The filename of the image that appears for the event on Vista Web.
- Coming Soon. Select this check box to have the films associated with the event appear on the Coming Soon page in Vista Web.
- Show Films Independently. Select this check box to have the films associated with the event appear on a separate page in Vista Web, not in the main section with other films.
- Save the Event.
After you complete the steps above, continue your configuration by adding sessions and films to the event.
- Go to Box Office > Films/Sessions > Films > Box Office tab and select an Event to associate a film with an event.
- Go to Box Office > Films/Sessions > Showtime Manager > Session Properties panel and select an Event to associate a session with an event.
Note: When you associate a film with an event, any sessions you schedule with that film are automatically associated with the event. If you're also a film both as part of an event and outside of the event, associate the appropriate individual sessions with the event instead selecting the Event in the Film record.