Both Movie Formats and Session Types can be used to integrate Vista with you theatre management system (TMS). For example:
- To have a picture ratio set for each session and sent from Vista to your TMS, you can create Movie Formats, add these formats to Films, and have the format attribute automatically added to Sessions when the film is scheduled.
- To have a project program set for each session and sent from Vista to your TMS, you can create Session Types with codes that represent the programs used by your automation units.
A 35mm CinemaScope Movie Format has a default Session Type that represents the CinemaScope feature automation program. The Projection Web Service sends the following information from the scheduled sessions through the TMS Integration (CA-Link, DoReMi, etc):
- The Projection Program configured on the Session's Session Type
Note: Because automation unit projection programs differ and often include pre-show material such as advertisements and trailers, it's not possible to accurately predict the Session Type that will be required by all sessions. If necessary, the Session Type can be overridden in Showtime Manager.
- The Session Type Code of the Session's Session Type
- Whether or not the Session's Movie Format is configured as a Digital Format