Undo a deposit if it has a mistake and needs to be fixed.
Note: You can undo individual deposits within the same bank bag, but bundled deposits will all be undone together.
Before you begin
- You must belong to a user group that has permission to undo deposits.
- It is only possible to undo a deposit if:
- The deposit was created on the current business day.
- The current business day is still open.
- The bank bag is still active, and has not been dispatched.
- The source fund is still active or the sales session is not cashed up, and all values in the deposit can be returned to their source.
- In Cinema Manager, go to CashDesk > Deposit activity, and click View to see current deposits.
- Click Undo at the top of the deposit you wish to undo.
Note: If the deposit doesn’t meet the criteria to be undone, the button will be greyed out
- Enter sign-in details and password or PIN to authorise the undo.
Note: The authorising user does not need to be the same person signed into CashDesk.If undoing deposits is configured to require a witness, another user needs to enter their sign-in details and password or PIN. The witness does not need to be authorised to undo deposits.
- Click Undo deposit.
After you finish
The undone deposit will no longer be visible on the Deposit Activity screen, but you can see a record under Transaction History in the Fund Status screen.