Exclude a promotion, discount or voucher from any of your configured holidays. For example, you might not want discounts available on public holidays.
Promotion exclusions are set up and managed in Customer Experience Manager (CXM) using film, distributor, and promotion data from Cinema Manager. Holidays are set up and managed in Head Office.
Before you begin
- Configure the CXM Download Task in Task Scheduler and the CXM Data Import Task for Connect. These regularly download exclusions data to your Cinema and Connect databases so sales channels such as POS workstations have up-to-date promotions criteria.
Note: You need to do these configurations only once.
- Set up Holidays in Head Office. You can create regional holidays if there are days which only some of your cinemas observe.
Set promotion or voucher exclusions
- In CXM, go to Exclusions > Set promotion exclusions or Exclusions > Set voucher exclusions.
- Click the dropdown arrow in the empty row and select a promotion or voucher. The type information automatically fills in, as well as effective date, and valid days for promotions or discounts.
- Select if you want the promotion or voucher to exclude holidays.
- Click Save. Your exclusion is now set up.
Tip: Click the name of a promotion/discount or voucher to review its details and edit exclusion settings.
- Promotions and discounts
- Excluding a film or distributor from promotions, discounts, and vouchers
- Creating a tag
- Creating a holiday