Some Items, such as soft drinks, require several components.
- In Cinema Manager or Head Office, create the components of your recipe as separate items. A large coke, for example, would require you to create the following items:
- Postmix Coke Syrup
- Large Drink Cup
- Plastic Lid for Large Cup
- Drink Straw
- Set each component's Item Type to Component or Weight based comp.
- Use Weight based comp for components that you need to track according to their weight, such as CO2.
- Create the parent item for your recipe, such as Large Coke.
- Set its Item Type to either Made at sale time (Recipe) or Made in advance (Recipe).
- Items such as large drinks would use Made at sale time (Recipe) because staff don't make them until customers order them.
- Go to the Recipe tab and add the components you created in steps 1–2.
- Set the Quantity of each component used to create the parent item.
Note: The quantity you need to enter is dependent on each item's base unit of measurement. You can enter partial units if required. For example, a large coke might require 12.5 grams of gas.