Some cinemas across your circuit may differ from other cinemas in the way they exhibit and price films. For example, your second-tier cinemas may only be able to exhibit IMAX 3D blockbusters 2 weeks after their national release.
The Linking and Site Variable Data maintenance form in Head Office lets you configure these exhibition and pricing differences at each cinema. If your film exhibition frequently differs between sites or cinemas, you may need to use this as part of your regular planning and scheduling workflow.
Select the desired cinema and link it to a film so that its details and sales profile may be changed for that cinema only. The default film record will continue to apply to all other unlinked cinemas.
Creating a link and site variable record
- In Head Office, go to Maintenance > Linking and Site Variable Data.
- Select the desired Planning Group, Cinema Group, or Cinema.
- Select the desired Film and expand it in the grid to show film details.
- Click in the yellow cell to link the film to the chosen site, cinema, or cinema group.
- In the cells below, edit the film details as required.
Example: ABC Cinemas has agreed with the distributor that its Cedar Avenue site will show The Hobbit Trilogy 2 weeks later than its Bond St site. The default opening date in the film record is 12 January 2015. The film programmer links Cedar Avenue to The Hobbit Trilogy and changes the site's opening date to 26 January 2015.
- In the Data section of the Home ribbon, click Save.