Film hire is calculated and tracked for a given film, cinema, and week. A screen or film print can also be specified.
Film hire calculation follows a set process:
- Each cinema's box office data is uploaded to Head Office.
- Film hire is calculated (film hire records are generated).
- Film hire records are exported to your financial reporting system.
Film Hire Payment (Head Office > Maintenance) calculates film hire on the basis of the following variables:
- Distribution Terms
- Film Hire Contracts
- House Costs and House Cost Exceptions (either deducted before or included in the calculations, depending on the distribution terms)
- Data relating to Cinema Screens
The net box office takings are calculated using both the Formula Share and Minimum Distributor Share algorithms set according to the distribution terms for each film. Where two values are generated on account of the distribution terms, the higher value is the Calculated Amount.
Tip: Film Hire Payment does not display data at show time (session) level. To see information at a show level, use Session Performance.