After completing the required calculations, film hire records can be exported as an accounting system output file.
- Export Invoices: Film hire calculated as a self-billed invoice or against a distributor invoice can be exported. After it is exported, the film hire record is regarded as paid and cannot be modified or recalculated. Any changes to the record can then only be made through the Adjust Contract function.
- Export Accruals: Accruals represent film hire still owing to the distributor for a specific accounting period. Accruals calculate film hire for records that have not been exported to your accounting system.
Set the required export format and default export path for invoice and accruals exports using the relevant FILMHIRE system settings (Head Office > Maintenance > System settings).
Film hire records can be exported as invoices into your financial or accounting system for payment.
- Self-billed invoices can be exported manually, or can be set up to export automatically as part of automating the film hire calculation process.
- Distributor invoices must be manually entered against the film hire record before export.
Export film hire record invoices manually in Film Hire Payments (Head Office > Maintenance).
- Check the required film hire records are displayed in the grid.
- Click Export Invoices.
- Click Yes to export the invoice.
Important: The film hire records cannot be further modified.
Accruals are your organisation's outstanding film hire liability. Accruals represent the film hire (calculated up to today) which has not yet been exported to your financial system for payment.
Typically, accruals are calculated on a monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis.
Generate accruals in Film Hire Payments.
- Select the required Film.
- Select the required Cinema.
- Select the date range.
- Click Refresh.
- Click Export Accruals.