You can configure upsell items using an upgrade recipe.
Before you begin
- The basic item must have been created in Cinema Manager or Back Office and made available for sale at POS in POS designer.
- The improved item must have been created in Cinema Manager or Back Office.
- Create a new item in Bulk items to represent the upgrade.
- Set the Item type to Made as sale time (Recipe).
- Select a Vendor.
Because the item does not really represent physical stock, it is recommended that you create a vendor specifically for upgrade items, such as Upsells.
- Set the Retail price to the amount that the patron must pay (in addition to the price of the basic item) to receive the improved item.
- (Optional) Select Report as upsell item to have sold upgrade items evaluated for inclusion in the Marketing report's list of Top 10 Upsell items.
- In the grid, select the basic recipe item to be upgraded and expand it.
Example: Small Coke
- Set the basic item's Quantity to -1.
- Insert the upgrade item into the table with a Quantity of 1.
Note: In order to sell the upgrade item on POS, it must be added to a profile in POS designer.
- Upselling items automatically during ordering
- Setting up a suggested upsell
- Upselling an item manually during ordering