The Discount button at a POS workstation is used to apply ticket discounts and concessions discounts.
Before you begin:
- Set the Discount button as visible on the POS Button Layouts used by Workstations that you wish to allow access to discounts.
- Configure the system settings that affect the use of discounts.
- In POS, add items and/or tickets to the order.
- Press Discount.
Discount mode is enabled.
Note: Depending on the POS button's position, you may have to press More to access it.
- Select the item or ticket in the order that you wish to discount.
Note: If you attempt to select a concession item or a ticket type that is not configured with any discounts, a warning message appears.
- (Optional) If the item or ticket is linked to multiple discount types, a prompt displays asking you to choose which type to use.
- (Optional) If the discount type is configured as a Variable Percentage or Variable Price Off, a keypad is displayed asking you to input the discount rate.
For example: 10%, $2.00
- Complete the order as normal.
The price presented upon payment will reflect the discount applied.