Ticket type maintenance in Vista lets you easily create different ticket types for different purposes, such as Adult Standard, Adult 2D Digital, Adult 3D Digital and Adult IMAX and others. You may need to do this to properly track the revenue of different cinema experiences with separate general ledger accounts.
It is also possible to have a single Adult ticket type, and to use movie formats assigned with GL accounts to allocate a session's revenue to the correct account for the experience. Price cards can then be used to set different prices for the Adult ticket for each experience.
Before you begin
- Create movie formats for each experience at your cinema, such as 35mm/Standard, 2D, 3D, IMAX.
- Create revenue GL accounts for each experience, such as Box Office Standard/2D/3D/IMAX.
- In Maintenance > Movie Formats, open a record for an experience.
For example: Standard, 3D, IMAX
- Assign the appropriate revenue GL account.
For example: Box Office Standard, Box Office 3D, Box Office IMAX
- Save the movie format.
- Repeat steps 1–3 for each experience movie format.
- Open the Adult ticket type maintenance record.
- On the Accounts tab, set the Account Codes to blank.
- Save the ticket type.
- Repeat steps 5–7 for other generic ticket types.
For example: Child, Student, etc.
- Create a price card for an experience.
For example: Standard Pricing, 3D Pricing, IMAX Pricing
- Configure the price card settings as required.
Make sure the Type is either Standalone or Base.
- On the Tickets tab, set the Show dropdown to All.
- Select the checkboxes corresponding to the ticket types configured in steps 5–7.
Also select any other ticket types required.
- Set the prices for the ticket for the experience.
For example: Adult, $15 in Standard Pricing, $20 in 3D Pricing, $25 in IMAX pricing.
- Save the price card.
- Repeat steps 9–14 to create a price card for each experience.
After you finish
When creating sessions in Showtime Manager, assign the correct price card for the experience of the film (35mm, 3D, IMAX etc). The generic ticket types such as Adult can be sold at POS, the price card will determine the price for the corresponding experience, and the movie format will assign revenue from tickets sold to the correct general ledger account.