Bank funds are funds that are not available to the cinema and are waiting for dispatch to the bank, such as bank bags. You'll likely need to set up bank funds to ensure the cash you receive at POS is accounted for, and sent to the bank.
Once payment types have been deposited into a bank fund they are not able to be counted again, as they are no longer accessible.
Creating a fund location for bank funds
- Create a fund location.
- Select Accept deposits only, Default deposit location, Allow new funds, Allow fund updates and Allow fund dispatch.
Creating a bank fund
- In Cinema Manager > CashDesk > Fund status, edit a fund or create a new one.
- Set the Fund location to a fund location that you've created for bank funds.
- Select Allow denomination payment types, Banking fund and Disable on dispatch.
- Clear Allow deposit from, Dispatch on close day, Must be empty to close day and Allow fund counts.
Note: These options aren't appropriate for bank funds. For example, in many cinemas, cash at POS is put into a bank fund as part of closing the day. Selecting Must be empty to close day in that situation would prevent the cinema from carrying out their normal operations.