Features are extra components that can be added to a base item.
Example: Chopped nuts, cherries, and chocolate sauce can be configured as features for the item Ice-cream Sundae.
Before you begin
A base item must already be set up for features to be assigned to, such as Ice-cream Sundae.
Note: This item must be configured with the Item Type Normal, Item Package, or Recipe.
It cannot be configured as a Parent Sales item as with Options. If you wish to use Features in conjunction with Options, the Features must be assigned to each of the Options items, not the Parent Sales item.
- In Cinema Manager or Head Office, go to Maintenance > Bulk items.
- Create a new feature item.
Example: chopped nuts, cherries, chocolate sauce
- Set the Item Type to Normal.
- On the Pricing tab and Stock Details tab, enter price and stock information for the item as normal.
The price must reflect the amount added to the total cost of the base item, if any.
- Click Save.
- Open the base item.
- On the Alternate Selection tab, set the Type to Features.
- In the grid, expand the row for your selected item.
- Add the feature you created.
- (Optional) Enter the Prompt Text to be displayed to the operator.
Example: "Would you like any toppings?"
- Click Save.
The base item must be added to a POS profile so that it can be sold.
When the base item is added to an order, the POS operator is prompted to ask if the customer would like to add any extra features.