Changing an item's cost price impacts your total inventory value. Tracking these changes can be useful for a variety of reasons, such as auditing.
Before you begin
Make sure the system setting UpdateItemsCostOnImport is set to No. To track how changes to item cost prices impact your total inventory value, the scheduled task Update Item Cost must make those changes. Enabling UpdateItemsCostOnImport prevents that.
|If Yes, Cinema Manager will use cost lists to update item costs when it imports data from Head Office.|
- Set the system setting PostInventoryValueChanges to Yes.
- In Cinema Manager or Head Office, go to Maintenance > Cost Lists.
- Use a Cost List to schedule a change to an item's cost price.
Option Allowed Values Description
Cost Price (Incl Tax)/(Excl Tax)
Any decimal value
The item's standard cost per base unit, effective from the specified Effective Date. The base unit may different to the item's default order unit. You can view the item's base unit in Maintenance > Items.
Note: The system setting CostModeConcessions determines if tax will be included or excluded in the cost price.
When the day is closed, if a change to an item's cost has been implemented, the effect on your total inventory will be posted to the general ledger. The cost list's changes to item costs are implemented by the Update Item Cost scheduled task.
Inventory value postings to the general ledger
- General ledger postings will be against your default cinema, regardless of which cinemas the inventory is in.
- Inventory value changes will only be posted for inventory that's in stock. If there's no stock, or negative stock, nothing will be posted.
Please sign in to leave a comment.