To open the day for business, check that each of your fund balances are correct.
- In Cinema Manager > CashDesk > Fund status, click Open day.
- If prompted, confirm each of your current fund balances. If the amount in your fund is different to what you see, enter an updated count quantity or value, and a comment.
Note: The fund count process for opening the day varies according to the system setting ConfirmFundBalances. You may have to enter counts for each fund rather than confirm the expected balances.
- If you're manually entering counts for each fund, perform adjustments to reconcile variances.
Note: This option's availability depends on the system setting FundCountVarianceApproach.
- If prompted, enter witness credentials to verify the fund count.
Note: You'll be prompted if the FundCountRequiresWitness system setting is set to Yes (with fund counts).
- If all fund balances are correct, click Open day.
Note: Until the day is opened you cannot issue floats to POS operators, but you can perform all other transactions. This allows the opening balances to be adjusted if required.
Opening a different business day
To work on a business day other than the one currently selected, choose a new date in the calendar. Your page will refresh and display data for your selected chosen date.
After you finish
You can run a Fund Balance report listing the opening balance of each fund, to print out for your auditing records. If you find any incorrect fund balances at this point, you will need to enter adjustment transactions to correct them.