Different jurisdictions have different tax rules, and Vista caters for most methods used to calculate tax on items and tickets.
You can configure the way tax is calculated via the system setting TaxRuleSystem. Most of the world uses the default value NONE, where tax is calculated line-by-line for each item in a transaction.
If you're in the USA, Canada, or Switzerland and have a more specific calculation method, you can configure this system setting accordingly.
COMBO SELLABLE ITEMS
PDA CONC OVERRIDE
Swiss City Tax
Determines how tax is calculated on items or tickets sold at POS:
- NONE: Tax is calculated normally on a line-by-line basis for each individual item, and then summed for the transaction.
- CANADA ONTARIO: Prepared food items with a value less than $4 only attract Goods and Services Tax (GST); prepared foods over $4 also attract Retail Sales Tax (RST) in addition to GST.
- COMBO SELLABLE ITEMS: Tax is calculated per individual item within a combo, and then summed for the transaction.
- PDA CONC OVERRIDE: In some countries concession items purchased at the counter are tax-free, but concessions bought from a mobile operator serving from a PDA device must be taxed.
- USA: The total tax paid on an order satisfies the state requirements with regard to rounding rules. If this option is selected, the rounding rules need to be specified in the TaxRuleParams system setting.
- Swiss City Tax: Tickets are subject to three sequential taxes: a city-level Entertainment Tax, VAT, and a national author-rights tax. Taxes are calculated using the net value from each level of calculation.
Note: The Swiss City Tax setting requires that Vista Cinema be configured to run in tax-inclusive mode.
The Sales Tax Level 1 value will be overridden for items included in a package, so use another value for those items.
- India: Tax rates are calculated based on price thresholds. For example, a lower GST rate applies for tickets priced at 101 rupees and below.
Note: Tax for discounted tickets is calculated based on the threshold applicable for the discounted price.
Note: If you use the USA system, ensure you also configure the system setting TaxRuleParams to specify the rounding rules required by your state tax department.