During a POS Session, if the operator makes a float adjustment, they can select a preconfigured comment associated with the float adjustment transaction to further describe it. The setup of POS Adjustment Comments is optional.
Opening Balance - BackOffice
Opening Balance - POS
Drop from POS
Increase at POS
Increase from Back Office
Drop from Back Office
Drop to Float Pool
The type of adjustment that the comment can be used for.
The default comment text to be inserted.
The type of comment.
Final Drop can only be used with the Adjustment Type Drop from POS. Other types shouldleave this field blank.
Adding POS Adjustments
Access the POS Adjustment Comments application from the Back Office menu, or by clicking POS Adjustment Comments in the ribbon of the POS Session form.
There may be some cases where adjustments need to be made to a POS Session.
For example: A damaged bank note cannot be included in banking.
- In POS Session maintenance, click the Adjustments Tab.
- From the ribbon, click one of the following buttons:
New Adjustment - The float adjustment and as well as the other adjustment will have to be entered manually.
Remove Float - The Opening Float balances will display by default. If these amounts are not changed, then the Opening Float amount will be removed from the balance of the POS Session. This should leave the current balance in the POS Sessions to be the actual takings. Other adjustments can be added to this screen before cashing up.
- Add additional Payment Groups or change the required amounts.
Note: Totals will be automatically generated.
- Enter or select Comments for the adjustments.
Note: Comments can be added in this screen or from the Adjustments Tab at a later time.
- Select the Print Adjustment checkbox if a receipt is required.
- Select the Output if necessary.
- Click the OK button.
The adjustment can be seen in the table on the Adjustments Tab.
Note: Once adjustments have been entered they cannot be deleted. If a correction is required, a new Reversing adjustment transaction should be entered.
Adding POS Adjustment Comments
- From the ribbon in Session maintenance, click the POS Adjustment Comments button.
The POS Adjustment Comments application window will display.
- Use the form to configure the required POS Adjustment Comment(s).
- Click the Save button.