Public screening events differ from events for regular corporate customers and distributors. Follow these procedures to configure a public screening in Group Sales.
1. Create a public screening inquiry
- Search for a company or contact.
- Select the appropriate contact.
If the company or contact is not listed, add a new one.
- Verify that the contact details are correct.
- Click .
- Enter the event name.
- Select the event type Public booking.
- Select a site and date for the event.
- Click Add booking.
- Select a session.
If no session is available for your preferred date and site, you can request one.
Note: It is possible to continue and add a session on the Booking Details page, but if no session is available, you'll have to create a new private event to request one.
- Click Save & Continue.
Your booking is now visible from the Group Sales homepage, with Inquiry status. You can return to it at any time to add more booking details.
Note: CRM integration doesn't apply to public screenings.
2. Enter the details of the public screening
- Access your public screening event either by selecting it from the homepage or continuing directly from the Create Order process.
- Enter any required information for your booking by clicking Add...
- Food and Beverage
- Staff Requirement
- Facility Hire
- Miscellaneous Item
- Use the sidebar to enter internal notes or booking information such as the number of guests.
Note: The No. of Guests in the sidebar does not have to match the number of Guests (tickets) in the Film line. This is to allow flexibility with the creation of events. For example: You may want to have 100 guests total, for a private booking, but 50 of them going to one film and 50 going to another.
- Create action point reminders for specific dates.
3. Add a session to your public screening
- In Group Sales, go to the public screening's Event details page.
- Click Add Tickets.
- Select a Venue and Film.
- Select a date from the Available Days list and a session from the Session list.
Note: If no session is available, you will have to create a new private event to request one.
- Click Add Tickets.
- Select the appropriate ticket types and quantities.
If seating allocation is enabled for the session, a seat map is displayed in which you can assign seats to the tickets.
Save and continue.
Note: If you want to change details of the booking such as the date, film, or session, you must select Clear Booking from the Event details page and start over.