You can set up ticket prices and ticket discounts in Vista:
- A standard ticket price is loaded against each ticket type and then applied as a default to the price card.
- Price cards hold the specific selling price for each ticket type within that price card. Package tickets can be created (a package ticket is a special ticket type) and added to the price card. A price card may be standalone, or part of a base/derived relationship.
- Ticket discounts can be created against each ticket type within the price card, but package tickets can have only 2 types of discounts applied (discount percentage and variable discount).
To create and apply a ticket discount:
- Create a ticket discount type (for example, STAF, SENR).
- Apply a ticket discount rate against the ticket type in the price card.
You can create many different ticket discount types, such as staff discounts, student discounts, store card discounts, and more. The following discount rate types are available:
- a discount percentage
- a price off
- a fixed price
- a variable percentage discount
- a variable price off
Key reports available to show discounts are:
- Cashier Session Reconciliation Report - shows the discounted concessions (including box office sundry items, such as vouchers) and discounted tickets sold for the day. Use this report to see the discount type, quantity and amount of the discount for each staff member per day.
- Daily Box Office Receipts Summary Report - shows the total discount amount for the selected period.
Ticket types and price cards
Every ticket type has a default price. However, the specific selling price used by POS is held on the price card. Discounts, and the discount rate, can be added to the price card against each ticket type on that price card.
A price card may be standalone, or part of a base/derived relationship.