Order surcharges can be configured to apply percentage surcharges to concession transactions. They can be based on a specified period, a certain day of the week, a minimum number of guests, or a combination of all three.
- If a surcharge is required for a certain day each week (for example, Sunday), the Start and End Dates can be configured for an extended period, and the On Week Days Only option can be configured with the specific day. The surcharge will then apply on the specified day only.
- If a special surcharge is required on a specific day, such as a public holiday, the Start and End Dates can be configured to reflect this. The surcharge will then apply on the specified date only.
- Surcharges can also be used to apply an automatic gratuity to checks that include more than a certain number of guests (for example, more than 6). The Start and End Dates can be configured to an extended period, and the Minimum Number of Guests option can be configured with the desired number. The surcharge will then apply only to checks that exceed the minimum number of guests.
An order surcharge can be recorded as a sundry item or a payment type. When using surcharges for tips, we recommend that you record the surcharge with the Tips payment type to ensure that it's included in tips reporting.
Note: Order Surcharges apply only to concession sales, not tickets.
You can configure order surcharges in Head Office or Cinema Manager from either:
- Maintenance > Order surcharges; or
- Maintenance > Workstation groups, to configure them automatically per workstation group.
For example, if your business operates in a region with dine-in healthcare surcharges, you can automatically apply these alongside auto-gratuities. You'll just need to set a default for the workstation group before you can add other surcharges.
Please sign in to leave a comment.