You can represent several related items as options on a single button at POS, by setting up a parent sales item in Cinema Manager or Head Office.
Example: You have small, medium and large bags for your bulk sweets, and have set up recipes for a small candy bag, a medium candy bag and a large candy bag. You set up a parent sales item called Self-service Sweets, with the options Small Candy Bag, Medium Candy Bag and Large Candy Bag. You then set up a concession button for Self-service Sweets in POS Designer. When you click the Self-service Sweets concession button in POS, you can select either a Small Candy Bag, a Medium Candy Bag or a Large Candy Bag.
Before you begin
- In Cinema Manager or Head Office, go to .
- Open an item, or create a new one.
- Set the Item type to Parent Sales.
- On the Alternate Selection tab, set the Type to Options.
- Add the options you want the parent item to represent.
Example: Small candy bag, Medium candy bag, Large candy bag.
- (Optional) Enter the Prompt Text to be displayed to the operator.
Example: "What flavour of ice-cream would you like?"
- Add the parent item to a POS profile so it can be sold.
When the parent item is added to an order, the POS operator is prompted to select one of the more specific options.