The Promotion Type Deal lets you create highly flexible marketing opportunities that may range from very simple cases like 'buy one get one free' to much more complex structures of prerequisites and results.
Refer to the following examples to see what kind of deals you can set up for your own organisation:
Concessions only deals
- Buy 1 popcorn, get 1 free small drink (or pay the difference for a larger size)
- Buy 1 popcorn and 1 soft drink, get $1 discount for 1 or more candy items
- Get $1 off popcorn and a free small drink when purchased together
- Buy 2 regular items for $5.90 or 3 regular items for $7.90
- Buy a combo, get $1 off a candy item
- Buy 2 popcorns, get $1 off first candy and optionally get 50c off a second candy
- Buy 2 popcorns (get 50c off medium and $1 off large), get $1 off up to 5 candy items
- Buy 1 popcorn, get a free small drink (or pay the difference for a larger size) and optionally get $1 off an ice cream
- Buy 4 IMAX tickets, get 1 half-price
- Buy 1 adult ticket to Avatar, get $1 off a popcorn
- Buy 2 tickets and a large drink, get a second drink free
- Buy a combo, get $4 off a ticket
The tables in each example correspond to the Items and Tickets tab interface in Promotion maintenance when the Type is set to Deal. White cells with italicised text show the user input that's needed to set up the deal. Grey cells show content that can't be edited or content that's calculated automatically.
Please sign in to leave a comment.