You can retrieve bookings in POS either by using a credit card swipe or by manually searching for a booking using the customer's name, phone number or booking ID.
Important! It's possible for POS operators to commit fraud by manually searching to find a paid booking and printing the tickets for their friends instead of the customer who made the booking. To counter this, you can require that the booking credit card be swiped when the operator manually searches for a booking, in order to prove that the actual customer is present.
Note: This can be overridden by Manager or higher approval if necessary.
- In Cinema Manager or Head Office, go to .
- Search for settings in the POS Category.
- Open the setting BookingPickupCardRequired.
- Configure the setting to Yes.
- Save the system setting.
- In POS, press the More button to expand the POS button menu, and select Find Booking.
- Enter one or more search details (name, phone number, booking ID) to locate the booking.
If you search for a booking by swiping a credit card, the booking can be picked up as normal.
- If the booking is Paid, when it is selected, the operator will be prompted to swipe the credit card to prove the customer is present before the paid booking can be picked up.
If the booking is Unpaid, it can be paid for as normal.
If the customer has forgotten to bring the credit card they booked with, but has photo identification such as a driver's license to prove they are the customer, a manager can enter their security details to override the credit card prompt and pick up the paid booking.