When a POS operator logs off their workstation, in Cinema Manager > CashDesk the sales session will move from the Active sessions section to the In transit pane.
Before you begin
- Ensure that all tabs associated with your sales sessions have been closed. Depending on your system configuration you may be able to cash up with open tabs, but we recommend against it as this will cause imbalances in your system.
- In Cinema Manager > CashDesk > Fund status click Cash up session.
- Select all the sales sessions that you want to cash up.
- Confirm the actual amounts/quantities of the payment types associated with the sales session and click Cash up.
- You may also require a witness to enter their user details, depending on the system setting CASHMANAGEMENT.FinalCashUpRequiresWitness.
- You can cash up sessions one at a time by switching off the Bulk cash up toggle in the page header.
Tip! To prevent floats being accidentally deposited as part of the cashup, or returned with the wrong amount, you can use the system settings EnforceFloatControl and FloatDropMustEqualFloatIssued.