Before you begin:
- Ensure that all stock and sales transactions have been entered and are completed for the stocktake period. This includes receipts, adjustments, transfers, wastage, and made-in-advance items.
- Set up stocktake modes, styles, and groups.
- Go to the Stocktake page in Cinema Manager.
- Create a stocktake, or open an existing one.
- (optional) Print stocktake sheets.
Tip! Click the reports button to print stocktake sheets and a variety of other reports.
- Enter stock counts.
Important: If you're opening an existing stocktake, click the update stock movements button before entering stock counts.
This will ensure all the counts are up to date.
This is especially important if you're using the Day End stocktake mode. In this mode, stocktakes are created at the close of your last business day.
When you open the stocktake, the count wont reflect any movements from your current business day.
Clicking the update stock movements button updates the counts to reflect the current business days movements.
Note: following system settings may affect the entry of stock counts:
- (Optional) Print a stocktake variance report.
- Check and correct any variances.
If there are significant variances, ensure you've performed the following tasks for that particular item:
- Entered all receipts.
- Made all adjustments.
- Carried out all transactions.
- Entered any wastage.
- Entered all items made.
- Ensured the master record holds the correct units of measure.
If all the checks have been completed and you still have a variance, manually recount the item.
- Finalise the stocktake.