A marathon film is a film record that contains multiple component films. Marathon film records can be created in Head Office.
- In Head Office, go to Maintenance > Films.
- Create a new Film record.
For example: Hobbit Trilogy Marathon
- Navigate to the Marathon tab.
- Select Marathon Film.
- Select the Films to include in the marathon.
- Set the Break Time (min) between films.
For example: 15 minutes
It is not necessary to enter a break time after the final film in the marathon.
- Set the ratio of the Box Office Split (Relative).
This ratio is set for the Marathon film record only. It determines how Box Office Revenue from the single marathon ticket's price is divided between sessions in the marathon. The Box Office Split (%) is automatically calculated.
Note: During planning and scheduling, box office split can also be adjusted for each marathon film booking and marathon session. These ratios are independent and do not affect the values set in Film maintenance for the film record.
- Navigate to the Film tab and configure any other values as necessary.
- Click Save.
When the Marathon Film is scheduled in Showtime Manager or Program Scheduler, the component Films are automatically scheduled as individual sessions with the specified Break Time between them.