User groups for cinemas can be created and maintained at Head Office to ensure more centralised control of staff access permissions.
When you create a new cinema user group, you must import the Modules and Report Groups from that cinema before you can set user permissions.
- In Head Office, go to Maintenance > User groups.
- Select a user group from the list, or click Create to make a new user group.
- Set the Type to Cinema.
Note: If no Type is selected, the user group created will be a Head Office user group.
- Click Cinema Links and link the user group to the required cinema.
- Click Import Modules.
- Select the linked cinema from the dropdown menu.
- If the cinema has existing user groups that have been created locally, select the required user group in User Group Permissions to import the group into Head Office.
The existing permissions for that user group are displayed for each module and report group.
- Click Import.
- Set the required access permissions in the maintenance form tabs.
Note: To grant the Cinema user group access to CashDesk, see Granting access to CashDesk.
The cinema user groups will be included in the next download to cinemas.