Monitored stocktakes are similar to regular stocktakes, but must be approved by Head Office before they can be finalised.
Before you begin
Make sure you've enabled stocktake monitoring.
1. Performing a monitored stocktake at the cinema
At the cinema, perform the stocktake as per usual in Stocktake Entry. The stocktake status is set to In Progress and inventory can be edited.
- The person performing the stocktake or a supervisor or manager must enter a Reason.
- Comments can be added to the stocktake to communicate with Head Office.
- The manager can request a recount for any items by selecting it in the Requires Recount column.
2. Submitting stocktakes for review
After a stocktake has been completed, submit this for review by a supervisor or manager with the correct permissions:
- In Cinema Mansager, click Submit for Review in the Stocktake Entry ribbon. The stocktake status changes to Submitted for Review, and staff can no longer edit counts and reasons.
Note: If a mistake is found after the stocktake is submitted to Head Office, the manager can cancel the stocktake review and then correct the mistake. At Head Office, the stocktake status will be set to Review Cancelled. The cinema can then resubmit the stocktake for review.
3. Approving or rejecting stocktakes at Head Office
Tip! A Stocktake Comment Received alert is displayed when a stocktake is received from the cinema. This alert is configurable in Alert Subscriptions. You can open the stocktake directly from the alert.
- Select the desired stocktake in Stocktakes cabinet by choosing the Cinema, Stock Location, and Stocktake Date.
- Enter any Comments for the cinema.
- Approve or Reject the entire stocktake. The stocktake status is updated and Comments are received at the cinema.
4. Finalising approved stocktakes
After a stocktake is reviewed at Head Office, it is updated at the cinema.
- If the stocktake is approved, the cinema manager can click Finalise Stocktake in Stocktake Entry.
- If the stocktake is rejected, the cinema manager must read and reply to the comments and make any required changes before resubmitting the stocktake for review again.