Items the require preparing can be configured so that when they are sold at POS, a Prepare Slip is printed in the appropriate Service Area. This can be achieved in two main ways:
- Items can be configured with a Default Prepare Area.
For example: Cooked food may be prepared in the Hot station area of a kitchen, while other food like salads and desserts may be prepared in the Cold station area.
- Items can be sent to a prepare area based on the Workstation at which the order was placed.
For example: Some workstations may have their orders prepared in the Kitchen 1 area, but other workstations use Kitchen 2 because it is closer.
Configuring the default prepare area
The Default Prepare Area for Items can be configured in two ways:
- Item Classes can be configured with a Default Prepare Area.
By default, all Items in the class inherit the Default Prepare Area.
- This can be overridden by manually specifying the Default Prepare Area for an item on the Service Areas tab.
When an item that requires preparing is sold at POS, a Prepare Slip is printed in the Default Prepare Area.
Configuring sold by workstation
An item's Default Prepare Area can be overridden to print the Prepare Slip in a specific Prepare Area depending on the Workstation or Workstation Group at which the order is placed.
- On the Service Areas tab in Item maintenance, select a Workstation Group.
- Select a Workstation, or leave the setting as All Workstations.
It is also possible to select a Workstation first, which automatically selects the Workstation Group.
- Select the Prepare Area that the item should be sent to when sold at the corresponding Workstation(s).
- Repeat steps 1–3 for any other Workstations required.
Please sign in to leave a comment.