Some items you'll want to sell in different forms or sizes, using the largest form to make the smaller forms. These items can be difficult to track, as you need to deduct the smaller form’s stock from the larger form’s. For example, you need to know how many bottles of wine you’ve opened to create glasses of wine. Recipes remove this difficulty by performing this calculation automatically.
- In Cinema Manager or Head Office, create the largest form your item can be sold in, such as a bottle of wine.
- Set its Item Type to Normal.
- Enter the rest of the item's details as required.
- Create the smaller form of your item, such as a glass of wine.
- Follow the instructions to create a regular recipe using the item you created in steps 1–4 as a component.
For example: A glass of wine would have .33 of a bottle of wine as one of its components.
- Repeat steps 5–6 as many times as required.
- You may offer wine in several different glass sizes, for example.
- If required, create items that are smaller forms of the items you created in steps 5–6.
For example: You may need to do this if your cinema sells boxes of wine bottles, individual wine bottles, and glasses of wine.
- Follow the instructions to create a regular recipe using the item you created in steps 5–6 as a component.
Tip! You can use a recipe as a component for other recipes.