You can create items with components that can be added, removed, or swapped by using recipes or modifiers. Using a recipe requires less setup, but you'll only be able to add or remove the recipe's components. For example, you could create a burger that has cheese as a component, but not bacon. Using this method you could remove or add extra cheese to that burger, but you couldn’t add bacon.
To create an item that can be modified with ingredients it doesn't normally have, use modifiers. To read more about modifiers, see the Modifiers section of the Vista Cinema User Guide.
Create the components
- Create the components of your recipe as separate items.
- Set each component's Item Type to Component or Weight based comp.
Use Weight based comp for components that you need to track according to their weight, such as CO2.
- In the Alternate Items tab, select Available as Smart Modifier.
- Fill out the rest of of the When Sold As Modifier section as required.
Create the parent item
- Create a recipe using the items you created in the previous section as components.
- Go to the alternate items tab and select Enable Smart Modifiers.