A session swap occurs if you do one of the following in Showtime Manager:
- Move an open session between screens.
- Change an open session's screen layout.
- Swap the time and/or screen of two open sessions with each other.
Typically, you'll swap a session between screens to reflect scheduling decisions. For instance, if a session is selling out fast, you may want to move it to a larger screen.
As well as making sure the new screen has appropriate attributes to play the film, you'll need to consider the following when a session is open for sale:
- Does the new screen have enough capacity to hold all seats already sold for the session?
- If the session has allocated seating, do you want to auto-allocate corresponding seats in the new screen, or manually reallocate any sold seats?
- While sessions are in the process of moving or swapping, they are locked from retail use and are unavailable at POS.
- You can't change an unallocated session to allocated if it already has ticket sales.
- Session swap doesn't support moving sessions across screens that are using Multi-Person Seating or Sofa Mode. While Session Swap will successfully move sessions, it will not take into account positioning of 'sofas' in the source or target screen, and it will not observe the requirement to maintain the 'pairing' of seats. If you need to swap sessions across screens using Multi-Person Seating or Sofa Mode, you may need to manually adjust the Seating Layout afterwards.