Your cinemas' stocktakes can be set up and performed in Cinema Manager. Vista Cloud offers a number of ways to tailor stocktakes to your cinemas' needs.
Stocktake modes determine when stocktakes can be created and finalised.
- Flexible Mode: You can create and finalise stocktakes at any time.
- Day End Mode: At the end of the business day, Cinema Manager will automatically finalise your open stocktake and create a new one in its place.
Use the Cinema Manager system setting StocktakeMode to change a cinema's stocktake mode.
Stocktake styles determine how staff enter stocktake counts.
- Units of Measure: This style quantifies the expected balances by calculating all stock movements since the last stocktake. The Stocktake Entry form displays the current on-hand balance and the current stocktake variance. You can enter up to four quantities (in different units of measure) on the form. For example: You may enter '1 box of coke and 5 individuals cans of coke'. Quantities can also be entered against each stocktake location.
- Item Movements: This style calculates the stock movements between a specified opening and closing date. The Stocktake Entry form displays the opening balance at the specified opening date and the expected closing balance at the closing date, while outlining any movements in between. Quantities can only be entered for a single unit of measure, and all stocktake variances are calculated and displayed.
Use the Cinema Manager system setting StocktakeStyle to change a cinema's stocktake style.
Stocktake groups are useful for counting similar items at the same time. Each stocktake group has a stocktake frequency.
For example: A 'Key Items-Daily' group may contain key items to be counted daily, or a 'Slow moving items-weekly' group may contain items that can be counted weekly.
Note: An item can only be in one stocktake group.
You can set the frequency of a stocktake and select from the following time periods:
- Hourly, Daily, Fortnightly, 4-weekly, 5-weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Half-yearly, and Yearly
Note: You must update the Cinema Manager system setting StocktakeDefaultFrequency with a value that represents the most frequent stocktake period of the cinema. For example: Weekly.
Please sign in to leave a comment.