You, or an end-user, can encounter identity management errors around:
- Unpermitted user activity. For example, unauthorised access to a Vista Cloud resource.
- Outdated or incorrect configuration in your identity provider. For example, broken redirect URLs, an expired client secret, or limited sharing permissions.
- Server issues or outage. For example, unexpected downtime that prevents authentication requests from being processed.
Below are the common error messages that'll surface, and some typical causes.
Something went wrong while creating or linking your account.
- The user didn't supply required information when creating their account.
- In an unlikely scenario, the identity management ID for the user might already be in use.
User doesn't exist.
- No user exists in identity management with the given ID. The user needs to be created in Vista Cloud.
Your user group data is inconsistent with the app you're trying to access.
- User group data differs between identity management and the app. This occurs if you've updated user group data in one place and not the other. This is a foundational quirk with our identity management platform.
You can't be linked to that <app_name> account as it's already linked to another user. You'll need to create a new account.
- The user might be signing in to a shared account that has already been claimed by another user. See troubleshooting shared accounts for more information.
Your configured user language doesn't match the language of the app you're trying to access.
- Your language configuration differs between Vista Cloud settings and that of the app being accessed. Vista Cloud requires the languages to match. Contact us to help manage your languages for Vista Cloud if your preferred language isn't available.
Some Vista Cloud services are currently unavailable.
- Vista Cloud can't connect to the identity management API or it might be unavailable.