Configure Microsoft's Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) to communicate with Vista Cloud.
Important! Setup instructions will vary for different identity providers. If you use an identity provider other than Microsoft, such as Google or Amazon, contact us for assistance with client-side setup.
Before you begin
You'll need the URL for your Vista Cloud tenant from us. If you're setting up multiple tenants, each tenant will have its own URL.
Integrating Azure AD with Vista Cloud is a multi-step process done in your Microsoft Azure Portal and in collaboration with Vista. On the client-side, you need to complete the following tasks:
- Register a new app in your Azure AD.
- Add a redirect URL.
- Set up data access permissions.
- Create a client secret.
- If you're setting up multiple tenants and want each tenant to have different users, repeat steps 1 to 4 for each additional tenant. If you're setting up one tenant or want multiple tenants to share the same users, move on to the next step.
- Securely communicate the details for your tenant(s) to us:
• Email domain
• Tenant ID
• Client ID
• Client secret
• Secret expiry date
Tip! Reach out to us first if you're unsure about how to send this information securely.
Client-side setup is now complete. Vista will continue the setup process from here.
- Overview of identity management in Vista Cloud
- Creating user profiles for your staff in Vista Cloud
- Managing user access to Vista Cloud apps and capabilities
- Managing user groups in Vista Cloud
- Accessing user data in Vista Cloud