Grant or revoke access to apps and capabilities for users in their user profile. Each user has a list of access permissions, with each permission being a combination of:
- A Vista Cloud app or capability.
- A site, if the Vista Cloud app or capability is site-specific.
- A user group.
A site determines where a user can access a given Vista Cloud app or capability. If you have multiple sites within your circuit, the user can only access Vista Cloud apps or capabilities at the site(s) you select when granting access.
Granting access to a user
Before you begin:
- Make sure the site and user group that you want the user attached to both exist in the system.
- In Vista Cloud settings, go to Users.
- Select a user.
- Click New access.
- Select the product, site, and user group for the new access permission.
- Repeat steps 3 to 4 if you want to allow the user access to the same product at a different site or as part of another user group.
The user can now access the Vista Cloud app at the selected location(s) with the permissions of the selected user group(s).
Revoking access from a user
- In Vista Cloud settings, go to Users and click on the user you want to manage.
- In the user's list of access permissions, click the rubbish bin icon next to the permission(s) you want to revoke.
The user's access permission(s) are now revoked, and the user will be unable to see those Vista app(s) in their list of available products.
Note: Removing all access permissions in identity management won't remove a user from the Vista Cloud system. The user will still be able to sign in and have access to the Vista Cloud home page. Removing a user is done separately in your identity provider.
Please sign in to leave a comment.