Promotions and discounts allows you to create special discounts and availability for concession items and tickets.
Promotions and discounts can be created with an effective time period, which can be configured based on a date range, days of the week, the time of day, or a combination of all three. Sales channels, such as POS, can also apply promotions and discounts depending on what items are in an order.
- A happy hour might apply between 6:00pm and 7:00pm.
- A holiday promotion might apply all day, every day, for two weeks of school holidays, such as January 1st–14th.
- A discount might apply when you add a second drink to your order.
Promotions and discounts can be set up days or weeks in advance, and they will automatically become valid or invalid based on the time-period settings. If you want a promotion to run for an indefinite date range, the promotion can be configured for an extended time period, such as 12 months. You can later adjust its end date.
There are four types of promotion and discount:
- Standard: Allows you to set up a special price for an item. Standard promotions are automatically applied as the item is added to the order.
- Discount: Allows you to provide discounts on both tickets and concession items. Discounts must be manually applied by a POS operator, using the Discounts button.
- Deal: Allows you to create powerful marketing promotions that involve different prerequisites and results with concessions. For example, 'buy one get one free', 'buy item X, get item Y free', or 'buy any 3 of items from A, B, C, D, E at a special price of $Z'.
- Comp: Provides a method of giving discounts associated with a reason, such as 'poor food quality' or 'poor service', in a restaurant environment.
Promotion and discount types have different discounting methods available, such as fixed price off, and percentage off.
You can make promotions of different types exclusive to different transaction types, such as Loyalty recognitions and vouchers. Promotions can also be set up to exclude holidays, particular films, or films from a specific distributor. Configure promotions exclusions in Customer Experience Manager.
Note: For a promotion to take effect, its items must be included in a valid Price Book, and it must be assigned to a particular Cinema in the Promotion Cinema Links form.