Promotions and discounts allow you to create special discounts and availability for concession items and tickets.
These can be created with an effective time period, based on a date range, days of the week, the time of day, or a combination of all three. They can also be created so they're only accessible when a patron meets certain item requirements in their order.
- A Happy Hour may apply between 6:00pm and 7:00pm.
- A Holiday Promotion may apply all day, every day, for two weeks of school holidays, such as January 1st–14th.
- A discount may apply when you add a second drink to your order.
Promotions and discounts can be set up days or weeks in advance, and will automatically become valid or invalid based on the time-period settings. If you want an indefinite date range, you can configure the promotion for an extended time period, such as 12 months, and later adjust its end date.
Promotion and discount types have different discounting methods available, such as fixed price off, and percentage off.
They can also have the following Types:
- Standard: Allows you to set up a special price for an item. Standard promotions are automatically applied as the item is added to the order.
- Discount: Allows you to provide discounts on both tickets and concession items. Discounts must be manually applied by a POS operator, using the Discounts button.
- Deal: Allows you to create powerful marketing promotions that involve different prerequisites and results with concessions. For example, 'buy one get one free', 'buy item X, get item Y free', 'buy any 3 of items from A, B, C, D, E at a special price of $Z'.
- Comp: Provides a method of giving discounts associated with a reason, such as 'poor food quality' or 'poor service', in a restaurant environment.
You can make promotions of different types exclusive to different transaction types, such as Loyalty recognitions and vouchers.
Note: For a promotion to take effect, its items must be included in a valid Price Book, and it must be assigned to a particular Cinema in the Promotion Cinema Links form.
Please sign in to leave a comment.